Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is the best character to choose in Dragon Age 2?

Is a Mage, Rogue or Warrior the best choice to be?

Also how should I add attributes and what should I make them Two handed, spirit mage, etc...What is the best character to choose in Dragon Age 2?
I've played all possible combos and finished the game as a bladed rogue. I found that fit me the best they do a ton of attacks and good damage with some bit spikes. My second favorite is mage with 2handed warrior close behind. I think the game gears you more toward 2-handed warrior over sword and shield warrior but that's just me. Also i think mages and rogues have the most upside and possible damage. 2-handed warriors do good damage but they tend to get hit alot as well. and there damage is split amounts several people which is cool that they can hit more than 1 person with each swing. Mages just blow stuff up which is great i don't like healing though so i had to keep 2 mages in the group all the time. The game doesn't give you a good lock picking rogue as the dwarf is more archer and the prince is archer as well and you have to add alot of points in cunning to get that up. So I found that making your own rogue with high dex and cunning really helps. Rogues get a cool grenade stun and a teleport attack that launchs you at teh person which helps move you around the battle field well. they can also stealth in combat and leave a dumby that the bad guys attack while you can sneak up and backstab the dude. thats how you have to fight the arashok guy.What is the best character to choose in Dragon Age 2?
Neither is 'best'. Pick the one class you most want to play, and play it. Thanks to the companions you have, you can have a well balanced party no matter what role you choose to fill.

As for stat allocations, you can apply the "2 here, 1 here" approach relatively well. For example, my class in DA2 was a 2 handed warrior. Because my primary focus was dealing as much damage as possible, 2 handed warriors don't have too many damage dealing active abilities and have skills to regain stamina in chunks. So, I wanted each attack to hit as hard as possible. I focused on putting 2 in strength, 1 in willpower for the most part.

However, bear in mind that each class and spec requires you to at least split points up between 3 stats because of gear. If you pick up something you want to use, take a look at it's stat requirements and compensate for them next time you level. To use my 2 handed warrior example again, I needed to up my Constitution to equip better armors.

If anything you can always search online for class builds.

As for which class you choose, just choose the one you want to play.
  • pf changs locations
  • pittsburgh
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment